Wednesday, November 4, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge


I have decided to take the Challenge -- the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge.

I want to be more positive and I want to be more grateful in my life. This is something I strive to do, to be, but never really put anything into practice. I read a lot about how changing your thoughts and your thought pattern can change your life but these two things are hard to change. Reprogramming your brain is difficult and takes daily practice. So here I go !

Day #1 Think of a time in your life when a trial became a blessing.



Failed Relationships – After a serious break up and not wanting to give up and go back to my first boyfriend I started dating who ever asked. It came to me that I was blocking my soul mate and I must have missed him because of my high standards. This resulted in a lot of bad dates with guys who didn’t deserve my time but I went in with an open heart ready to find my husband. When this didn’t work and I was alone again I felt hopeless, at a loss on what to do next.

Duste started suggesting we could be together and after several attempts I finally figured out what she was saying. That’s when my eyes opened – my answer was right in front of me. I WAS blocking my soulmate but not because my standards were too high but my vision of what that looked like was limited. My soul mate was a female, my happily ever after was her and she had been in front of me this entire time! All those heart broke nights, all that stressing, worrying and she was right there!

Looking back I can see something led me to her, something kept showing me this path and each time I would pass it to take another I was lead back. Until finally, I was ready to open my heart, my mind and slowly my eyes. My past relationships made me question love and in those relationships I deeply felt all the emptiness, all the unhappiness, all the unsettlement. However, without those failed relationships I wouldn’t appreciate her, I wouldn’t know what a gift she is. Without unhappiness can we truly know happiness? Without pain can we truly appreciate joy?


My path led me to her and without a doubt in my mind I know our love was meant to be. Our souls have loved one another for many lifetimes and will continue to do so. Each life time we find one another, drawn together by a pull from deep within, that’s our journey. My husband turned out to be my wife in this life time! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for every little change. Little change adds to big change

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for every little change. Little change adds to big change

    ReplyDelete