Friday, April 30, 2010

How to make Homemade Cleaning Products~part one


Furniture Polish:

This is the first one I made and I am not too wild about it. I made it in bulk and keep it in the frig. The problem is it gets too thick and you have to set it out early and shake the it well to remix everything.
1 Cup Olive Oil
1Cup Vinegar
½ Cup Limon Juice

Makes 2 Cups in Spray Bottle

Combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of distilled vinegar, and 2 tsp. lemon juice and shake well. Dip a clean and dry cloth into polish and rub wood in the direction of the grain. Refrigerate any remaining polish.

Dusting Spray
This sounds a lot easier!
Combine
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup baby oil
Put into a spray bottle~

Glass Cleaner:

I use this mostly for glass and my All Purpose Cleaner for everything else because it smells so good!
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Water

Combine 2 cups of white distilled vinegar and 2 cups of water. Use on counter tops, kitchen floors, windows, mirrors, and any other hard surfaces. For tough jobs, warm the cleaner in the microwave.

All-Purpose Cleaner

I love to clean everything with this because it smells so good!
2T vinegar
1 t Borax
Hot water
a few drops of a mild dish detergent
10 drops of essential oil, optional

In a 16 spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Swish around until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Add the essential oil (I like using jasmine or lavender).
 
 Homemade Floor Cleaner
I put mine in an old shampoo bottle and sprinkle on the floor as I go!


½ Cup Vinegar
1 cup Water
5 drops of oil--smell (I use lemon or orange)

For Linoleum, Tile, Stone and Laminate floors:
Mix 1 C White Vinegar to 2 C water. Put in a spray or shampoo bottle.
Wet cloth, wet floor.

Fabreeze:

I saved the best one for last! This is better than the store bought!
simply mixing equal parts of vodka and water in a spray bottle and lightly covering fabrics. add 10 to 15 drops of your favorite essential oil for every 2 cups of water. I use Jasmine for the spring/summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment