Friday, May 2, 2014

Turning 31






I was told turning 31 was going to be hard because you are officially in your 30’s. Just typing that, 30’s seems odd to me. I don’t know what I expected 30’s to feel like but I don’t feel it. 30’s to me sounds like an adult, a person who knows what they are doing at all times, someone with authority both in presence and knowledge. I still do not feel like I know what is going on most of the time! I know, for the most part (as I am always changing), who I am, who I love, what makes me happy, and that happiness and time with your loved ones are most important. But, there are times I still feel like a kid. Like taking a roofing company to small claims court, something about being in front of a judge makes me feel like a nervous teenager! I wonder if I seem to others like an adult or if they can tell under it all I still feel like that person I was in high school. I suppose life is about learning and there is no magic age that instills instant knowledge. Unfortunately that means I will continue to stumble through life moments that are uncharted for me, like having an almost 5 year old nephew! I suppose it is normal to always question yourself and fears of permanently damaging a child! Darn it- I could really use some instant knowledge! 

1 comment: