Friday, May 3, 2013

Farm Life No More


We have decided we can no longer keep ducks and chickens. For the safety of the birds and my peace of mind they will be living with a friend of ours on a real farm. Our wonderful Miss Ivy Rose has a prey drive unlike our late Sadie and we must make this move for the safety of the flock. Although I love having chickens and ducks for no other reason than I like to watch them, they do bring me unneeded stress. I take every death, illness and injury personal leaving me with a lot of sleepless nights and stressful days.  So, with all this in mind it is time to say goodbye.
 

On Saturday their new owners will come to collect them and their things—coops, pools, feed and so on. It will be a few days of clean up for us as we have converted half the garage for the inside coops and a lot of space outside for their ever expanding coop.

 
I feel good about their new home and am happy they will all go together. Which allows my guilt to fade and my mind to wonder what will we do with the new space?




No comments:

Post a Comment