Serves: 6—473 calories each
· 2 ounces Tortilla Chips (about 24), plus additional for serving
· 1 Tbs Chili Oil (or olive oil and red pepper flakes)
· 1 Onion, chopped
· 2 cloves Garlic, minced
· 1 pound Ground Chicken
· 2 Tbs Taco Seasoning
· 1 can Black Beans, drained
· 1 cup Hot Salsa
· 1 cup shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
· Optional: Other toppings such as jalepenios, olives, etc.
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until soft. Add meat and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a spatula, for about 5 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens.
3. Line the bottom of a large baking dish with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese. Add sliced jalepenos or other toppings that you ant to be cooked. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
4. Scoop up with additional chips if desired.
Servings: 9 • Size: about 1 cup
- 2 cups (6 oz) uncooked rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta dente and drain well.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste, and then add the tomatoes and mustard. Let the mix bubble gently until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Toss the meat mix with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish. Top with the cheddar and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped pickles over top and serve. Makes about 9 cups. 3.2.1336