Monday, November 17, 2014

Leaving Work….


 My work history--

I got a job in my local mall at the Bra Store when I was 16. I worked full time while still in High School and living with my Duste. I worked there until my senior year when I accepted a co-op position in a major company’s office at 18. After High School I enrolled in a local community college for two years. While in Collage I worked full time at my grandmother’s day care. Once I graduated I began my job search for another office job. It took some time but I was able to secure a front office position at a local non-for-profit, where I have worked for 10 years.

The long road--

In these 10 years there have been a lot of ups and downs naturally. Having this job has meant we could take several vacations, were able to shape our house into our dream home, allowed me to be by my loved ones sides when time has come to an end for them and be there for the birth of both my nephews! These reliable paychecks help secure me with a house of my own, gotten me out of debt years early with my student loans, paid off an emergency ac/heating unit and numerous credit cards.

I have worked with people who have help shape me as an adult. Co-workers who have help guide me through a lot of grown up situations allowing me to flourish into the person I am now. Along the way I have met people who have tested my patience, my understanding and my character but through it all I have learned and grown.

As I near the end of this journey I can look back with admiration for all this position has taught me!


New Phase--

Now on to a new stage in my life, in our life…becoming a mother and getting the opportunity to stay at home with our child! 


No comments:

Post a Comment