Monday, June 27, 2011

Keaton Michael Lauyans


Two Years ago on July 2nd my middle sister had her first baby. She was the first of my siblings to have a child.

9months before this I didn't take the news so well. I got that phone call from my sister after hearing that she was pregnant and not believing it. She was 19 and we hadn't talked since her graduation. (A few months back) To say the least I wasn't happy. I did not support her during most of her pregnancy. I instead chose to ignore it, like that would make it go away. But my point was to not celebrate this terrible decision she made by supporting her. I am sorry for that.

I don't remember exactly why but we started talking again when she was near the end of her pregnancy. We took it slow but our relationship soon fell back into place, but this time with a mutual respect we didn't have before. I had come to terms with the fact that a baby was to be born soon, like it or not.

The next life changing call I got I took much better than the first! It was July 2nd 2009 when Keaton Michael Lauyans came into our lives. I was amazed how much I could love and how fast. I could never imagine our lives without him. My sister has allowed me to be very active in their lives and I couldn't be happier! This little man has been the best thing for us. He has brought my sister and me closer than ever before and together with David and Duste we are raising one of the smartest and most wonderful boys ever to live on this planet. My sister and I have only hit one stumbling block along the way and it felt more like a brick wall, but we are back on track and back to supporting each other and the small family we have together.

                      Keaton Michael Lauyans turns 2 on July 2nd 2011—
                      whats that? I think I hear angels singing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment