Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day--what a load of crap!

Ok, ok I understand how this might sound but just hear me out~

It is an invented holiday to make people feel obligated into buying unnecessary junk and making a big deal about it. I think it’s ridiculous. A holiday to make house wives and girlfriends feel good about themselves and give them bragging rights with their friends.

“oh, my man must love me the most because he bought me..”

I guess it just doesn’t make since to me because I am not a material girl. I have never been the type of person that judges how much some one loves me based on the gifts they give me. Shouldn’t you feel loved and appreciated every day of the year? If you only feel these things once a year then isn’t there something wrong with your relationship? In a good relationship Valentines Day is everyday. You shouldn’t need a date on a calendar to remind you take the person you love out for a date or to surprise them with a gift.

I just don’t understand the big deal about it.

I am lucky I know. I am very happy at home today and everyday and don’t need one day a year to feel loved and appreciated!

And for the record I feel the same way about Fathers and Mothers Day. My parents know I love and appreciate them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment