Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My recovery in Pictures~

My second surgery was a little harder than the first. I spent 3nights/4days in the hospital and two of those days I did not get out of bed. My days were filled with terrible headaches, dizziness and nausea. It seemed to me I was the only one in the hospital that was there to rest, as my roomates (3 in total had come and gone) always had company and seemed to be enjoying this time a little too much. I had a wet rag on my head, ear plugs in my ears, oxygen in my nose, and tubes coming out of my arm, back and bladder--not a pretty sight.  My body did not handle all the drugs as well as it did the first time and as I am blogging this I am with out pain medication. The side effects were worse than the pain so I am dulling the pain with Advil.

Here are some pictures of my new, soon to be scar....

At home after surgery....


 The first day I could shower and take the bandages off--not pretty.
Lots of dried blood and puckering from the swelling....

No comments:

Post a Comment