Friday, October 17, 2014

Desmoid Tumor FREE

MRI is CLEAR

For the first time in 6 years I have clear scans two years after a surgery! My next MRI will be in a year or after the birth of my first child. (No, I’m not pregnant yet!)

 It is an amazing feeling to be tumor free! There were times I didn't think I would ever get to this point. I had my doubts, I watched for signs of impending doom that weren't there, questioned every ache and pain but at last the scan is clear!

Dare I think this is over, they got it all and it won’t be back?

2008 is when my journey of tumor removal surgery started and that journey has ended now in 2014!

Throughout this journey I have gotten healthier and more conscious of what I expose my body to. I have got more physically active and I am taking charge of my well being. Not having an answer to what causes such a traumatic event opens your eyes to lots of possibilities forcing you to either give up or take charge.

I was fortunate in that all 3 of my desmoids tumors were removable surgically. I would never want to let this foreigner live inside of me, grabbing everything it can, taking over my body slowly. I never want to know the world of chemo and/or radiation. Once found I was eager to get all 3 out!

I put my body, myself and my family through a lot but hopefully it is paying off now.

Since they do not know what causes these tumors, although there are lots of speculation, the journey we are about to embark on is with unknown risk.

Getting pregnant may or may not cause my body to develop another tumor, but not getting pregnant can also result in another tumor. I have said it many times—I will not let this tumor decide my fate, the life I will have or what I cannot have.  


Happiness is something you decide, regardless of your life circumstance.
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Congratulations. That's amazing to have clear scans. So you didn't need medications only surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Surgery--3xs now. I don't do anything else--besides eat healthy and stay physically active.

    ReplyDelete